donderdag 24 december 2015
It's that time of the year again. Winter has started. It is about 5 or 6 or even more degrees warmer than normal for the time of the year. People are dining and drinking on the terraces. Trees are in bloom, pollen flying around and some plants are budding. Butterflies our flying, some insect bit me. Wait, something's wrong. It's not even Christmas yet and pre-spring is upon us.
Winter will probably come one of these days. In the meantime WoNo Magazine wishes you a Merry Christmas, enjoy the days off and up towards a great start in 2016! May we hear loads of beautiful music in the new year and have the time to write and read about it.
Tomorrow, a surprise, so be on the look out for it.
As it is the time of the year of favourite songs in lists, let me present my favourite Christmas songs. In general I'm not one for these kind of songs. I have a high intolerance for the Mariah Carey sleighbell variety. There are some great ones of course. Two even got reviewed on this blog.
1. Happy Xmas (War Is Over). John Lennon, Yoko Ono & the Plastic Ono Band with the Harlem Community Choir.
2. Do They Know It's Christmas. Band Aid
3. Come, You Long Expected Jesus. Morgan Mecaskey
4. Merry Xmas (Everybody). Slade
5. Ding Dong. George Harrison
6. Last Christmas. Wham
7. Listen, The Snow Is Falling. Labasheeba
8. Please Come Home For Christmas. Eagles
9. Feliz Navidad. José Feliciano
10. Fairytale Of New York. The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl
11.Stop The Cavalry. Jona Lewie
And this is the one I used to sing with fervour: Gloria In Excelsis Deo. O-o-o-o-o forever.
Enjoy, we are of for Christmas carols in the park. Why not? It's 10 degrees outside.
On behalf of my co-editor .No, and all WoNoblog authors,