vrijdag 10 juli 2015

Just a top 25

On Musicmeter.nl a person calling himself Chevy93 started a query in order to compile lists of favourite albums from the 50s to the 10s, per decade. I received an invitation to participate in 60s list, which I did and indirectly all the others, which I declined. Now they all get to be combined. So I decided to join in again. This list is not absolute, as I could only choose from pre-selected albums. The best of the seven decades. Below it is for what it is worth. I promised myself never to make another all over list again, at least until I'm retired. Let's see again by that time.

A few things are noticeable now that I'm circa 30 years older than I was when I made my last list of favourite albums or songs. Nostalgia plays a large role in the selection. It is hard to get past my favourite albums of old. The ones that are with me the longest, roughly over 35 years and more. Only a few have managed their way into that list. As an excuse I can point to the fact that I couldn't pick several from my favourites: older ones like 'The Wall', Jefferson Airplane and Starship, Frank Zappa, etc. and newer ones like Franz Ferdinand and Alt-J's second album. It seems memories go an extremely long way, as the music always comes with memories.

So let's stop talking/writing. Here's my top 25 of all times, minus a lot:



 1. Grace. Jeff Buckley
 2. The Beatles - Abbey Road
 3. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
 4. Arctic Monkeys – Favourite Worst Nightmare
 5. The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground
 6. Station to Station – David Bowie
 7. Nirvana - Nevermind
 8. The Doors - L.A. Woman
 9. Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks
10. The Rolling Stones - Exile On Main St.
11. Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin
12. Nirvana - Mtv Unplugged
13. Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon
14. Neil Young - On The Beach
15. Bob Dylan - Blonde On Blonde
16. Supertramp - Crime Of The Century
17. The Rolling Stones – Beggars Banquet
18. The Beatles - The Beatles
19. AM. Arctic Monkeys
20. The Doors - The Doors
21. The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper´s Lonely Hearts Club Band
22. Queen - A Night At The Opera
23. David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust
24. The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed
25. Live - Throwing Copper


Wo.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten