dinsdag 19 november 2013

Classics for the mob



We all know what a flash mob is. It’s a group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual and seemingly pointless act for a brief time, then quickly disperse, often for the purposes of entertainment, satire, and artistic expression. But have we ever seen one? I know that in my hometown of Sweet Lake City (Zoetermeer), there is at least one per year for promotion purposes. I’ve always wanted to be part of one but I never saw any of the announcements for it. I’ll keep watching out.
 
I’ve even never seen one live, but I’ve enjoyed a few on YouTube. And for some reason, though I’m not a Michael Jackson fan at all (there have to be some), the flash mobs after his death got my attention. It was 2009 and the filming of those events was not that professional. I especially enjoyed the ones in Stockholm,  Sweden and Paris,  France got my attention. And I even started to like some of Michael Jackson music afterwards.

Over the years the filming got better, it’s gotten commercial and even used for completely different occasions like a marriage proposal (although I believe those things also happened before but without the name flash mob).

Recently I saw a new one that really moved me and in case you haven’t seen it, I would love you to. It’s a classical performance of a part of Beethoven 9th and a great one.

WoNoVice

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten